Vacuum Technology and Vacuum Pumps from the leader
The application of vacuum is required at various stages of production in the manufacture of Li-ion batteries: Vacuum is required during the mixing process of the so-called slurry, which is applied to the battery cell electrodes. The coil drying and electrolyte filling also takes place under vacuum.
In general, the pumps generate the vacuum which is needed for the different production processes. The pumps have to have a high resistance to poisonous and toxic fumes in drying, filling and formation processes. Pfeiffer Vacuum pumps generally are known to be robust and efficient to ensure sustainable production of Li-ion batteries.
- Efficient: Extremely short pump-down times due to superior, next-generation drive concept
- Enhanced safety: Intelligent interface technology allows process monitoring (Industry 4.0)
- Flexible: Vertical or horizontal pump mounting and variable control of the fan and pumping speeds permits adaptation to process variations
- Durable: Hermetically sealed pump with leakage rate of < 1 ·10-6 Pa m3/s since outward dynamic seals are eliminated
- Low operating costs: State-of-the-art motor technology (IE4 standard) and air cooling system (up to +40°C)
Leak detection is an essential step in quality control to protect battery cells, battery components, cooling systems, battery modules and battery packs from moisture ingress. In addition, the generation or escape of hazardous substances is avoided.
Battery components like the cell cover clearly are the domain of tracer gas leak detectors, with their low detection limit. Other applications like cooling circuits are optimum for our high precision Micro-Flow leak detection technology, which uses air as a tracer gas. Pfeiffer Vacuum is the only company that offers leading air leak testing solutions, as well as tracer gas leak detection technologies.
- The perfect unit for industrial control of under pressure parts, dedicated to demanding applications and intensive use
- Rugged design offering stability and reliability
- Easy operation
- Universal operation voltage and various languages available for global use
- Available with interface board for automation through an external system (PC or PLC)
- Specific high flow sniffer probe to be ordered separately
- Dedicated Helium or Hydrogen calibrated leaks available as accessories
Pfeiffer Vacuum GmbH
Berliner Straße 43
T +49 6441 802 0
Get in touch with Pfeiffer Vacuum GmbH GmbH.
Your message will be forwarded to Shari Michel, Global Communication